It doesn’t matter what kind of diet you are doing, if you are bored with the food, you will NOT succeed.
A boring diet sucks!
And a Ketosis or Low carb diet can get boring if you don’t know how to spice it up.
Processed food is designed to be tasty!
If you think about it, the normal American diet of highly processed food is very tasty because it is often lots of additives. Processed food is designed to be full of salt, sugar, and bad fats. They want you to not only love it the taste of the food, but they want you addicted to it. This way you will buy it again and again.
This is true with soda and chips. I know many people who drink sodas all day long. And I don’t think I know anyone who can just eat one potato chip.
Processed food is the root cause of many health issues, including type 2 diabetes and fatty liver disease. And it’s making America fat. 3 in 4 people are overweight or obese. And that is really sad to me.
Real Food Is Boring – NOT!
When you are eating “real food”, without all of the added crap, initially it may seem a bit boring. But keep in mind, you have to give yourself a chance to adjust. And the first couple of weeks you may have to deal with some cravings. But you will work through it. Just know that you are doing a good thing for yourself by cleaning the crap out of your body and giving it the nutrition it deserves.
But let me assure you, Keto Food is not only very healthy for you, but your taste buds will be happy as well.
No Need To Be Bored With Your Ketosis Diet
- Pour on the Fat! Don’t be afraid of fat. Olive oil and coconut oil taste wonderful and can make boring veggies amazing. Butter and bacon can add incredible flavor to your foods as well.
- Shake that Salt. It is okay to add some salt to your foods. Keep in mind, you are not getting nearly as much salt as you did when you ate salty processed foods. So go ahead and shake it on.
- Spice it up! I love to add all sorts of different spices and herbs. I have discovered all sorts of different tastes. Just be careful of premixed spices. Often they add extra sugar.
- Try New Things: Don’t be afraid to experience new foods. I never had eggplant before but I saw a recipe that looked interesting so I tried it out. It was actually pretty good and easy to make.
- Recipes! I have several recipe books on hand and I’m constantly trying out new things. Now it seems my LCHF diet never gets boring.
My favorite recipe book is The Ketosis Cookbook. This cookbook has 370 yummy Keto recipes. I like that it is full of colorful images along with step by step directions. You will never be bored with this cookbook on hand.
So what about you? What are some of the ways you spice up your Keto Food?