Water is so important in keeping you properly hydrated and healthy. And it is especially important to drink enough water while you are dieting as water will help you feel full, and will help improve your metabolic rate. So it may help you to burn more fat. Plus water just makes you feel better and you look better.
One of my biggest struggles when I first started eating a high fat, low carb diet was drinking more water. Water just seemed so boring after so many years of drinking juices and soda.
I decided that I need to make my water taste better so I would want to drink more of it. And so I started using only filtered water because it tastes so much better than the tap water and I began to add sliced lemons to my water. And drinking water suddenly becomes easier. Now I crave my lemon water when I don’t have it.
I have learned that drinking lemon water has other benefits besides making your water taste better.
Benefits of drinking lemon water
- Lemon water is great for your digestive system. It keeps you hydrated and regular.
- Adding lemon to your water gives you an extra dose of vitamin c and other minerals. And this gives a great lift to the immune system.
- Lemon water helps to alkalize your body. Actually once a day I make a lemon and apple cider vinegar cocktail.
- It helps to reduce hunger because you feel full longer.
- Drinking more water can help improve your metabolic rate. So you will burn fat faster.
- Warm lemon water is soothing in the morning. I also like to sip on warm lemon water at night when it is chilly outside.
- A tall glass of ice cold lemon water in the summer is very refreshing.
- Drinking lemon water makes your skin look more radiant.
If you want a bit of fizz, then you may want to try some lemon is some plain soda water. I love it because I feel like I am drinking a fancy sparkling soda, but I don’t have to worry about sugar or artificial sweeteners.
So if you want to drink more water every day try adding a bit of lemon to the water and see how much better it will taste.