If you are living a low carb, high-fat lifestyle then you probably go through a lot of eggs. Eggs are the perfect food for a keto lifestyle. They are especially healthy if you use fresh free range eggs.
I always have hard boiled eggs on hand for a quick meal or snack. Eggs are also very portable which is great when you are often on the run.
But when I’m home and not in a rush, I like to make soft boiled eggs. They are yummy with just a bit of garlic powder and pink Himalayan salt. I like my yoke just a bit runny. But, unfortunately, my timing isn’t always right and I often overcook them which makes the inside more dry and crumbly.
This is why I like using an electric egg cooker. With an egg cooker, timing is always perfect. So I can enjoy every bite of my soft boiled egg. I can make it as runny as I want.
So if you are looking for one, I wanted to suggest for you the one that I think has the best features for the Keto Lifestyle.
Dash Rapid Egg Cooker
- The dash electric egg cooker cooks up to 6 eggs at a time. You can make soft boiled eggs, hard boiled eggs, omelets, poached eggs or even simple scrambled eggs. The cooker comes with different trays depending on the kind of egg you want. You can easily switch out the trays.
- The Dash egg cooker makes perfect hard-boiled eggs. They are ready in about 14 minutes and are super easy to peal which make me happy. This is especially important if you want to make deviled eggs and appearance is important to you. There is nothing worse than having your egg fall apart as you peel it.
- This egg cooker has an automatic shutoff. It will make a buzzing noise when the eggs are ready and it is a good idea to remove them then if you don’t want them to overcook, for example, a soft boiled egg might get a smidge more cooked than you prefer.
- Doesn’t take up much space on the counter. And since it is compact it is easy to store away if you want it out of sight.
- You can cook as few or as many eggs as you want at a time.
- The plastic parts of this egg cooker are BPA free which is important to a healthy lifestyle. We don’t want to be adding extra chemicals to our diet.
- This egg cooker has a 1-year warranty.
- There is a recipe book included.
If you want more eggs or you have a bigger family, I suggest the Dash Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker. This cooker can make up to 12 eggs at a time. This would be perfect for picnics or family get-togethers. You could bring a nice tray of keto deviled eggs with you!