Throughout this website and on most of my posts you will see that I refer to “low-carb, high-fat” as a diet. Today I want to clarify that for me it’s a lifestyle.
Low Carb High Fat Lifestyle
Yes, back in March 2016 it started out as a diet. I was going to support my boyfriend and do this with him. I was hoping to shed a bit of weight.
But then I experienced so many miracles that I have realized that LCHF is a lifestyle choice. And it is a lifestyle that I recommend for anyone who isn’t happy with their overall health.
Here is a short list of some of the changes (some huge, some small) that I have experienced on low carb, high fat.
Low Carb Lifestyle Benefits
- Losing weight is easy peasy because you are naturally in a fat burning state!
- Mood Swings! For the first time in my life, I feel stable. I don’t have the mood swings that sugar gave me.
- no headaches. I used to get headaches all the time. Now I simply don’t get them.
- Poop-okay I don’t want to get gross, but let me just say poop is normal. I don’t ever have all the issues I had before.
- No more joint pain! As a retail manager, I am on my feet all day long. Since doing LCHF, I no longer experience pain in my knees and joints.
- I sleep well. Now I am able to sleep on my stomach and I wake up feeling energetic.
My partner, Brian also had some amazing things happen.
- Reversed his diabetes and is off all of his meds.
- He is off his BP meds as his bp is no longer high.
- He no longer snores and he can now sleep on his stomach.
- His acid reflux is gone.
For me, watching him get healthy has been an amazing experience. I often cry because I am so happy and proud of him. I thank God daily that my man will be with me for many years. I feel very blessed.
So yes, LCHF is a lifestyle, not a diet.