There is a lot of mixed messages out there about fat and weight loss. I’m sure you have heard people say to eat low fat if you want to lose weight.
I’m here to tell you that in my experience, that advice is wrong. Thank God I decided to try the radical thing of eating fat to lose weight.
I know what you are thinking. Because I thought the same thing!
“Eating Fat! Yuck! LOL!”
I mean when I thought about eating fat it sounded disgusting. But the reality is, when you get more fat in your body, your body will burn more fat.
When you eat more good fat you will lose weight. Fat is good for you.
Coconut Oil Helps With Weight Loss
Coconut oil is a saturated fat that is good for you!
Now at first, this was hard for me to wrap my head around because I had been programmed to believe the opposite.
“Isn’t saturated fat bad for you?”
The truth is coconut oil can actually help you lose weight. The more coconut oil you eat can actually help you lose weight. Coconut oil helps you to feel so satisfied. Your body will be so happy.
I’m proof of that. Since eating a high-fat diet which includes lots of coconut oil I have lost over 25 pounds. That is approximately 2 and a half pounds a week. And I feel better than ever.
This is huge for me as a woman over 50. Losing weight has always been a real struggle yet I have found that eating more fat and fewer carbs have really been the easiest thing I’ve done. And I don’t even have to work out.
Coconut oil is a great replacement for corn oil or vegetable oil as it is a much healthier option. I use organic extra virgin coconut oil. I even add it to my morning coffee.
I find that by using coconut oil in my cooking and coffee I feel fuller so I don’t want to eat in between meals. This is huge for me because in the past my biggest challenge was hunger and snacking. I can now go for several hours without feeling hungry.
Since eating a high-fat diet which included large amounts of coconut oil for a month so far, I have lost an average of between 2 and 3 pounds a week!
But here is the most important thing,
I feel great!
I have so much clarity, I feel great and I get compliments on my skin and hair.
5 Ways To Eat Coconut Oil
- You can eat coconut oil straight out of the jar if you want. I love that the unrefined coconut oil has a bit of coconut taste. I let it sit on my tongue for a few moments until it melts and then I swallow it.
- Add coconut oil to your morning coffee or tea. (don’t knock it until you try it). Learn more about bulletproof coffee here.
- Saute Vegetables with Extra Virgin Coconut oil rather than corn oil or vegetable oil.
- You can roast vegetables with it. Simple put some heated coconut oil over your choice of veggies and cook on a cookie sheet for about 20 minutes in a 350-degree oven. My personal favorite is roasted brussels sprouts.
- I like to mix coconut oil with hot water, cocoa powder, stevia and a bit of heavy whipping cream. This is my own version of hot cocoa.
Hopefully, I gave you a few ideas on how to eat coconut oil. Also if you google coconut oil bark you will see lots of recipes for making coconut candy. I haven’t tried these yet as I really haven’t had any cravings for sweets on this diet.
What about you? Do you eat coconut oil? If so, what is your favorite way to eat it?